Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WoW - Wallpaper of the Week - extra


I wish I could find more high quality shots of Steve Bacic (47 tomorrow). Because I could make wallpapers of him for days. I love, love, love Steve. He's in my top forty-two of hot guys. It started with Andromeda. He first appeared on it in 2000, but became a series regular from 2003 through the end in 2005.

In doing research for this post (a very pleasant task this time around), I discovered he got his first role in 1991 on 21 Jump Street! So he and Johnny both got their big break on the same show. He's done tons of work on programs filmed in Canada, so I thought he was a Canuck. In fact, he was born in Croatia, but his family moved to Canada when he was 2-1/2. He pronounces his last name as "basic", probably because people mangled how it should be said, "ba-cheech". Stupid people.

He fell off my radar, but he crossed it again on Stargate: SG-1 in 2004. Coincidentally, he played a different character on the show in 2000, the same year he first popped up on Andromeda. He was only on for a few episodes, but Sci Fi Channel must've liked what they saw. He got a semi-regular role on the TV series version of Flash Gordon in 2007. Unfortunately, Flash got cancelled shortly thereafter.

But Steve didn't stay unemployed. Actually, looking at his filmography, I don't think he's been unemployed since 21 Jump Street. He was a regular on the Canadian series The Guard from 2008 to 2009, which I didn't see. The next time I did see him was as Dr. Sexy on the Grey's Anatomy mini-spoof on Supernatural in 2009. I did a double-take, 'cause I heard the character name and thought, "Hmm". Then I really looked and realized, "Hey, it's Steve Bacic!"

He did another series I didn't see, Cra$h and Burn, from 2009 to 2010, where he played a Russian mobster. The wallpaper with him wearing the leather jacket is from that show. I saw him again when he did a one-off on Smallville in 2010. Again, weirdly, a show he appeared on earlier (in 2001) as a different character. He had a recurring role on Big Love from 2010 to 2011.

This is just highlights, mind you. If you checked his filmography, you saw that he's done bunches and bunches of other stuff. He's got several projects in the works even now, so it looks like it'll be a long time before we stop seeing Steve. Which is fine by me.

Why do I like him so much? Come on, you've got eyes, don't you? He's big and beefy, but not overly so. I wonder if his hairless chest is naturally so, 'cause I would like to see some fur on it. His face is definitely hairy, but he looks just as good sans beard. He has really great hair, too. And besides the overall deliciousness, he's funny. I'm curious if he can sing. If he can, even just decently, I'd be sorely tempted to kidnap him and marry him in every state where it's legal. Even without the singing, the man is fine, fine, extra fine. An all-you-can-eat Super Buff-et. You can find an old collection of fanfic based on on the various characters Steve has played here.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails