Friday, February 15, 2013

WoW - Wallpaper of the Week - extra


Hard to believe it's been over ten years since I first laid eyes on Dominic Haakon Myrtvedt Purcell. Whom you might know more simply as Dominic Purcell.

'Twas his turn as the amnesiac lead in the Fox series John Doe, back in 2002, that caught my eye. Sadly, the show only lasted a season, and we never found out the whole backstory behind his character. Ironically, the same thing happened to the similarly themed Kyle XY. That lasted for three seasons though. Maybe in part due to the younger lead?

A shame, since I could listen to Dominic for days. He's got one of those read-the-telephone-book-sexy voices. I was surprised to find out he was an Aussie. No trace of the accent. But hearing it in interviews... as if he weren't hot enough.

I was unaware of his prior work on BeastMaster TV series. May have to root around the interwebs to find his episodes.

After John Doe, I feared never seeing Dominic again. Thankfully, Fox must have liked him, as he had an extended guest run on North Shore in 2004.

And they really must have liked him, since he became one of the leads on Prison Break. Which, shame on me, I hardly watched. I just couldn't get into it. Still, Dominic has kept busy, and occasionally does roles which required reduced clothing. Hoo, and ray, I say. See more of him over Superherofan and Tumblr way. Mister Purcell shall return tomorrow.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails