Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Flashback


Is Bob Paris really 51 today? My, how time flies. I saw him at a speaking engagement at UF in, let's see, the early '90s. Or maybe late '80s. He was still with his first hubbie, Rod Jackson, at the time, which would make it between 1989 and 1995. Anyway, lovely man, in every way. Not full of himself or anything, though if anyone had the right to be, it was him, looking like he did. If only I'd driven him and Rod from the JIA to Gainesville. I was involved at the time with the campus' gay group, who was sponsoring the speech. I probably could have wangled my way to do the driving, but I think I figured I'd behave like a starstruck idiot, so I passed up the opportunity. Oh well, c'est la vie.

He's nowhere near as visible as he used to be, but he seems to be doing OK for himself. Wishing him best birthday wishes, 'cause he deserves only good things.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks he was like a way more muscular version of John Wesley Shipp? Just saying.

Check out his official site, for more about Mister Paris.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails