Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flashback




Blue Lagoon






The Pirate Movie




A Night in Heaven



His face is showing some wear, but for a guy one year shy of 50 today, Christopher Atkins still looks totally do-able.

I don't think I saw The Blue Lagoon in the theater, and maybe not for a while after, but I was certainly aware of him b/c of that movie. Still have the issue of Playgirl somewhere, which he did in '82. Boy had no qualms about showing it all, unlike most celebs that appeared in the magazine. He didn't need to; he was really beautiful. He looked better with the straight hair, rather than the Annie curls, too. Yes, I did look above the waist, thank you very much. I appreciate the entirety. If anything, I'm an eye and butt man, so I like 'em coming and going.

He was in one of my favorite silly movies of all time (right up there with Airplane!), The Pirate Movie, with Kristy McNichol. Whatever happened to her? Seeing the movie the first time is still memorable. I was at an SCA event in Orlando at a condo complex. Weird, admittedly, but there you go. A group of us decided to go see the movie. Imagine, if you will, a group of twenty medieval reenactors, in costume, watching a movie that's a parody of The Pirates of Penzance. I think we were the only ones who got all the jokes. Plus, Chris Atkins shirtless a lot, sheer heaven.

Speaking of which, A Night in Heaven. Another cheesy movie, but not so good. Yeah, Chris played a stripper and there was brief nudity, but not enough to make up for the movie as a whole. Neat that it was filmed here in Florida, though.

He played cougarbait on Dallas after, then various movies and TV and such. Saw him last year on VH1's Confessions of a Teen Idol, and like I said before, he's pretty fine still. More about him at his official site.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails