Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Flashback


I thought my attraction to Michael Biehn was due to his rugged handsomeness. He definitely had that as Kyle Reese in 1984's The Terminator. And shirtlessness. He didn't do much of that afterwards, at least in what I saw. But I did like him in his other Cameron collaborations, Aliens and The Abyss.

However, in researching this post, I've uncovered pictures of him when he was way younger. And whaddya know, he was purty. Especially with the feathered hair.

Then it struck me that back then, he could have been Mark Hamill's twin brother. Which I may have picked up on at a subconscious level. Lemme tell you, when Star Wars came out, I had the biggest crush on Mark. It was superficial, though, because after his accident and reconstructive surgery, not so much. I still liked him, and saw that he was far more than Luke Skywalker as the years went by, but he just didn't do it for me anymore.

OK, back to Michael. He's played Marines and SEALs and cowboys and other manly man roles. And aged very well. Which only goes to show. Pretty is ephemeral, talent eternal. Ooh, ain't we fancy?

Favorite Hunks devoted a nice post to Mister Biehn a couple years back. And if you want more Biehn info (and photos) than you can shake a stick at, check out The Michael Biehn Archive. I got a few of the photos from there, but there's tons more to see. Spend some time there and you won't be disappointed.

GAY ROLES: The Fan, The Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian (as the object of affection)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails