Monday, March 14, 2011

A year without Mom

Gosh, it's hard to believe it was a year ago today that Mom passed. Wasn't sure how I'd be doing today, but it was OK. Probably helped that I took a couple of road trips this weekend.

Saturday went to Bunnell, then up and over to A1A and south. Couldn't figure why there were so many bikers on the road, then found out it was Bike Week. Waah, traffic!

Sunday I went oppositely, to Davenport, Haines City, Winter Garden and Lake Wales. Finally got to see Bok Tower, which is pretty amazing. Mom and I got there on one of our last trips, but it was 6 pm when we arrived, so the gates were closed. I know she was with me as I finally got to see the tower and the grounds.

Oh, and goat milk fudge! So when I used to go down to Miami regularly, I'd mostly use US 27, 'cause it's cheaper and more scenic than the Turnpike. I used to pass this place that sold goat milk fudge, and always meant to get some, but never did. In recent trips, I saw it was still there. Yesterday I at last stopped there and got some. Webb's Candy Factory, it is. Fudge tasted good, not at all goaty. And I highly recommend getting ice cream. One scoop is nearly a pint! And for 2.95, not bad.

Nearly 600 photos got, and several more stamps in my Florida State Parks passport. Two-thirds done, huzzah!

Anyway, there have been ups and downs this past year, but mostly I've muddled through. What the future brings, that'll be interesting.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails